Thursday 16 August 2012

July 2012- not much improvement

Blue sky being somewhat rare this summer so far
The second month of summer only offered a slight improvement over the first, this courtesy of the Jet stream that moved further north than it had been and sat roughly mid-country. The jet stream had a buckle to our South West which was was still allowing low pressure systems to hit us from the atlantic.

A real taste of summer hit around the 22nd with temperatures soaring to the late twenty's and locally even higher and 6 glorious days of zero rainfall!


Mud tracks at the war and peace show, Hop Farm,
Paddock Wood, Kent
This brief respite only served to highlight what a shocking summer we are having in 2012, and despite those high temperatures July was the second coldest since I began keeping records in 2005 (marginally beaten by July 2011 by 0.2C and that was the coldest for quite a few years.

August will have to be exceptional to rescue the summer, and thats not looking likely!


Hawley Stats:
Mean Temp. 16.4
High.             31.1
Low.              7.9
High Wind.    32 mph

SE England Stats:
Temp anomaly: -1.1
Rain %.             176
Sun %                86

5 comments:

  1. nice photos with your iPhone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Total shit...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ken.

    Coming over to the UK this week to compete in paralolympic games.. can't sit still with the excitement.
    I am competing in the hurdles in my wheelchair and would love to know what the weather will be for the games.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this the website I get Paraolympic tickets from. If so can I have 2 tickets for the wheelchair diving please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Listen Man.. were was the warning man.. I look at your site each day after I pick up my Jerk Chicken with my children and me front doors have been blown away and water everywhere.. ruined my gunga man..

    From No6, Shack Court, 2nd Rounabout, Haiti.

    ReplyDelete