Tuesday 30 November 2010

Winter Wonderland!

Overnight the snow gods duly delivered here in Kent, I had a sneak peek out of the window at 4am and saw I had a covering and thats all I thought I was getting, how wrong was I!

Its been snowing continuously since I got up at 7.30am and the forecast is for yet more later on today, I have to say that this event has exceeded my expectations and was certainly worth waiting for.

There is a good probability now that a breakdown in the cold is on the cards for next week but don't expect it to be mild, just less cold, the country after-all has been frozen for some 10 days and that it will take time for milder air to win through.
I mentioned in a previous blog if this unusual, extreme early spell of winter is the harshest we will have during the winter of 2010/11? I certainly don't know but its worth remembering that the official start of winter is not until tomorrow, we are still in Autumn!




As a cold weather fan I can't join the naysayers in their pessimism of what Dec, Jan and Feb may hold, I do think though that If you've put some hard earned cash on a white Christmas then you have most certainly lost your money!

1 comment: