Friday 3 December 2010

Bitter, Frigid Cold

Last night I recorded my lowest ever temperature since I started keeping records 5 years ago, a bone chilling -10.6C!
My previous record of -8.4C was set in January this year so is winter 2010/11 going to eclipse 2009/10?
It has so far for snow with this significant early snow event and you have to say that with no real end in sight to this cold spell ( apart from the next two days of 'normal' temps) the odds are that this winter will be colder than last, are we now in a run of successive cold winters? I certainly think so, wait until next winter!
after a night at -10.6
This afternoon I took Kimi for a walk over the fields behind my house, what a beautiful winterscape it was, eery in its quiet, cold, all consuming white blanket. A truly spectacular experience.
I left my house at 16:15 and the temperature was -4.9, when I returned home just 30 mins later it was -6.7!
I was hopeful of breaking last nights record and after getting to -8.4 at 16.30 clouds from the west have scuppered my hopes (unfortunately)

lonely tree
Panoramic view of the field at the back of my house



Another view


























1 comment: