Thursday 2 December 2010

I'm dreaming of a white.....

Another day, another dumping of the white stuff, and respect to the snow Gods, this is premium snow!
Today looks set to be the second consecutive 'ice day', actually the temp has been much below freezing all day so its a MEGA ice day!
At 1pm today I measured 11.5 inches of level snow on my lawn and with the snow coming down heavy as I write I should be over 1ft by now, truly an exceptional snow event.
a foot of snow..
Doing his bit for Royal Road

Once fuelled with a bacon and egg sarnie I ventured out with my small Panasonic Lumix camera to get some shots of the local area where I like to walk the dog. This fine chap on the right was helping the residents get on to the Hawley road.


Wintry


The temperature at the time of my walk was minus 1.8C, so I wasn't out for long, I did consider popping into the pub but it was a bit too early, even for me!
Chequers Pub, nice in the summer.


So Am I dreaming of a white Christmas? depends really, in the betting sense no, but I'm willing to wager that some of this snow will still be around on the 25th... because nothing is warming up too much in the foreseeable future!


So take care all and should we get some less cold days, there won't be many and the 'Beast from the East' hasn't finished with us yet!

Ciao
Panoramic view from my bedroom window
(iphone4)


5 comments:

  1. Amazing Photo's.. This truely is a massive event, Is it the future of winters to come?
    I'd like to see the river's frozen over, this would make it extreme!

    Ideal weather for watching from a pub window!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is! Get up here it's your turn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matey, your blog is as incredible as the event, the foot of snow lol.
    Very nice pics. The beast from the east has, I believe, finally run out of umph. That's it for a while. How long? Nobody knows, but when you think this is only the 2nd day of winter, a repeat performance sometime soon is without doubt highly likely.
    Time to deal with the frozen slush !!

    ReplyDelete